Wednesday, May 16, 2012

Mom Don't Look!

*Stop reading now if you are my mother and have not yet received a package in the mail!*

    So this past weekend was Mother's Day and I decided I would try to make her something. Unfortunately, I just moved out of the house with the sewing machine I was using so I ended up doing the majority of this project by hand. I had to go have a little visit with the sewing machine when I realized it was Friday and time was running out. Plus, I was getting pretty burnt out on sewing by hand >.<


    This is a wine bottle tote. It measures 6" x 4" wide at the bottom, 7" wide at the top, and is 12" tall. It has two 1" wide straps that are each 12" long. It fits regular sized bottles easily, and those fat wine bottles snugly. It's fully lined and the interior has been hand quilted with some medium weight built batting so that it can get bumped around a little without worry. As usual, all my supplies came from Joann Fabrics. The exterior was 2 fat quarters, and the lining was left over from the lining of my Miche shell project


    I'm always looking for neat projects for my mom using wine corks or wine bottles, but I haven't come across any sewing projects for wine lovers. Hopefully she can get some use out of this when she is bringing a bottle of wine to a party or a friend's house or something. I thought about sending her a bottle of wine as well, but I'm guessing shipping that would have been slightly more difficult and I don't really have any experience picking good wines.


   And just for fun, here is a picture of the little Diablo skull usb holder my boyfriend got with his collector's edition of the game. The crystal in the middle of his forehead is a usb stick with the previous Diablo games on it. Isn't it cute? ^_^


Let me know what you think!

Comments/Criticisms welcome :) 




3 comments:

  1. Sooo cute! I'm going to be taking wine everywhere I go now:) (haha like I didn't before) Perfect gift hon and I love the colours. Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. The puffiness really dresses up this simple carrier.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so pretty, I am loving your photos and making this with handles to velcro or tie onto a walker for my Mom. Can carry a small thermos, water bottle or endless items. Thanks

    ReplyDelete